Sunday 29 April 2012

Custard and cinnamon tart


Page 73 - Custard and cinnamon tart
I was dreading this recipe more than any other so far... I'm not a custard tart fan and it looked so fiddly making the pastry from scratch.

This is one of the first recipes I haven't actually tasted - partly because I just didn't want to and also because it has lots of raw eggs which I'm not supposed to be eating at the moment...

The pastry turned out really well - it's a bit of a faff but worth it for the end result. The filling didn't set that firmly - perhaps because I didn't whisk the egg whites for long enough before folding them in. However I took it to work and Carl ate seconds and thirds so it must have tasted ok. I also forgot to sprinkle cinnamon on top, so would do this if I made it again. Or perhaps nutmeg as a few people suggested that would be nice too...

No comments:

Post a Comment