Friday 10 August 2012

Chocolate and peanut butter whoopie pies

Page 164 - Chocolate and peanut butter whoopie pies
My comments on these are similar to the chocolate chip whoopie pies - the sponge was quite dry, almost biscuit-like, but the icing was lovely!

Usually when you make a sponge, you substitute some of the flour for cocoa so the amount of dry ingredients is the same. However in these the cocoa is additonal and I wonder if that's why they're dry... I should test this theory. I also used butter which, again, I can't help wondering if it's made them less fluffy as I never had a problem with the sponge texture before.

On the plus side - Sainsburys now sells Marshmallow Fluff so these aren't such a pain to make any more - no excuse not to keep experimenting I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment