Friday 10 August 2012

Chocolate chip whoopie pies

Page 140 - Chocolate chip whoopie pies
I'm not the World's biggest fan of whoopie pies, I prefer a good old cupcake if I'm honest. But - rules are rules and I have to make all recipes in the book - so I was just aiming to improve on my previous attempts.

I usually use Stork for my recipes as I find that a) the results are yummy and b) its a fraction of the cost compared to butter. But I thought I'd use butter this time as my previous whoopie pies have fallen apart as the icing has been too 'sloppy'. The icing was 100% better for using butter so that's definitely noted for next time. However the cakes themselves were a little tough - so I'll stick to Stork for that in the future.

Out of all whoopie pies I've made before, I'd say these were the nicest but I'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment