Sunday 10 July 2011

Chocolate Guinness cake


Page 59 - Chocolate Guiness cake

"Leigh's rating: 9.9 / 10!"

I've been looking forward to this one for a while and I think it's lived up to expectation - Leigh marked it 9.9 out of 10! It's really moist, but only has a hint of Guinness which is good as I don't like the stuff much. The cream cheese frosting really compliments the rich chocolate but you wouldn't want a big piece!

I find it really hard to ice the sides of cakes - if anyone has any hints please do share as it never seems to look like the picture. I have a turntable and pallet knife but is there a trick!?
Leigh's highest scoring cake so far!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, that cake, there is a certain way you ice the sides, I will have to give you a lesson, along with the lesson on meringues xx

    ReplyDelete