Wednesday 6 February 2013

Blood orange cheesecake

At last I've made it...!
 
I've had to wait a year for blood oranges to come back in to season to make this cheesecake. I've never tasted blood oranges before and I have to say they're not that different to normal oranges, perhaps a bit more juicy and slightly less "orangey" - I'd say they taste a bit like a grapefruit in some ways.

Page 80 - Blood orange cheesecake
 
This cheesecake is lovely, it surprised me as it had a bit of ricotta cheese in the recipe which the other Hummingbird cheesecakes don't have. The orange zest in the base and the body of the cheesecake gave it a lovely taste and the jelly on top has a real zing, although the layer on my attempt is a lot thinner than in the book picture! My fridge must also be wonky as the jelly only set on half of the cheesecake :-)

Worth the wait though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment