Wednesday 27 February 2013

Pumpkin, cheese and chive muffins


Page 198 - Pumpkin, cheese and chive muffins
I was scared about making these because the last savoury muffins I made from this book (feta, pea and ham) were a disaster. However, I tried one of these while they were warm as recommended in the book and they seem to be quite tasty. I bought fresh chives which is unusual for me as I usually use dried herbs simply because I'm lazy and tight, and I could really smell them when the muffins came out of the oven. I used a mature cheese as I love it and again this seemed to add to the flavour. I don't think I need to put pumpkin in them as you definitely cannot taste it, although perhaps it adds to the texture...?

So not a disaster, although I much prefer the sweet baked goods as opposed to the savoury!!

No comments:

Post a Comment