Tuesday 12 March 2013

Cornbread muffins

Page 200 - Cornmeal muffins
This sounded like a boring recipe that was a hassle as I had to hunt for the cornmeal (also known as maizemeal). I found the cornmeal in Waitrose in the end although I subsequently realised Sainsbury's also stocked it in with their "foreign" foods... I also had no idea what pickled peppers were or where to find them (I could've asked Peter Piper as he picks them in the tongue twister!) so I used chopped gherkins instead.

They smelt amazing when in the oven as the cheese melted, a bit like cheese scones! And looked fab too! I tried one warm just after cooking, but decided they're nicer when cooled as the cheese has more flavour. They're a little strange as the honey makes them sweet, but I kind of liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment